Good performance for WAICA Re in 2017

The reinsurer WAICA Re recorded in 2017, 7.9 million USD in pre-tax profit, up by 28% compared to 2016. Turnover followed the same upward trend with an increase of 26.2% to 62.1 million USD against 49.2 million USD a year earlier. Equity reached 123 million USD, up by 33% over the last twelve months.

In 2017, The Sierra Leonean reinsurer, which has a presence in several African countries, experienced premium growths of 30% in Gambia, 19% in Nigeria and 15% in Ghana.

In the same year, the group made 47% of its premiums in Anglophone West Africa, while the remaining 53% were underwritten in other African markets.

Your rating: None
Advertising Program          Terms of Service          Copyright          Useful links          Social networks          Credits